Housekeeper - 40 Hrs/wk, Day Shift, Every other weekend, Holidays
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function:
- According to established procedures, cleans and services all areas of facility.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around hospital departments, and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Responds to fire or disaster codes as instructed by supervisor or manager.
II. Job Relationships:
- Supervised and/or reportable to the following by job category:
- Director of Environmental Services
- Senior Operations Manager or Manager within Environmental Services Department
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor
- Collaborates with the following staff by job category:
- Nurse Manager
- Nursing staff in assigned area
- Unit secretary
- Maintenance workers
- Authorized to report any and all violations of hospital procedure and policy.
- Also retains the authority to remove or report any safety violation without consulting a supervisor.
- Retains the authority to aid and assist where needed if applicable.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares chemicals according to procedure.
- Loads maid's carts and transports to work area.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing high touch areas, such as doorknobs, handrails, telephone, wall plates, light switches, light pull cords, housing on monitors, walls, door, ceilings, vents, televisions and windows.
- Sweeps and mops floor areas, vacuums carpets, spot cleans carpets using appropriate solutions, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned areas.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical.
- Cleans equipment and notifies manager of equipment needing repair. Reports safety hazards to manager.
- Cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in an orderly manner.
- May climb ladder to hang cubicle drapes, windows drapes in an orderly manner.
- May collect waste from all areas of responsibility.
- May collect hazardous waste as established by policy.
- Cleans isolation rooms during patient stay and following discharged.
- Cleans in operating suites using proper cleaning solutions and as prescribed by departmental procedures.
- Arranges furniture for meetings
- May be asked to assist with the delivery of laundry carts to patient areas.
- The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Duty sheets for each area of responsibility have been established and will be communicated to the employee during the orientation period
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
- Performs any function that is needed or appropriate.
V. Reporting Requirements:
- Reports to their supervisors any beds that may not be completed during their assigned shift. Will be required to complete discharge sheets.
- Shall be accountable for the quality of cleanliness of their assigned areas, equipment and cart.
- Shall be accountable for insuring safety and security of work area, patient confidentiality and employee confidentiality.
- Minimum Education:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- Some work-related experience preferred but willing to train.
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize work under busy conditions and in high traffic areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.