Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Housekeeper – per diem for evening shift, 5 PM to 10 PM, Monday through Friday. There may be opportunity for some weekends or holidays. The successful candidate will:
- Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment and clean floors, rooms and offices following established schedules and methods. Replace disposables.
- Shampoo, and vacuum carpets for cleaning and bacteria control, remove spots from carpets.
- Assist in cleaning emergency spills as observed or requested. Sanitize and sterilize clinic areas.
- Wash ceilings, walls, floors, lights, windows, fixtures, mirrors, counters, office equipment and vents.
- Dry and wet mop floors in uncarpeted offices and rooms, scrub and buff floor with rotary/automatic machines.
- Transport trash and soiled linen from collection points to designated area and distributes fresh linen.
- Move furniture to clean. Dust surfaces, damp-wipe furniture, and polish metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms.
- Daily: check supplies and order replacements.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and orderly manner, restock supplies as needed.
- Identify and report any unsafe/unsanitary conditions to Supervisor.
- Meet with Housekeeping Team Leader on a regular basis to confer on special cleaning needs, problems and work schedule.
- Knowledge of housekeeping functions and standards, including safety and sanitation.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards to identify potential safety problems
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician-owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.