Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 4/26/2021
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Human Resources Advisor serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and operational/staff units, providing the highest levels of customer service to assigned clients. The Advisor consults and collaborates with employees, supervisors and managers across the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources. The Advisor leverages a thorough knowledge and understanding of the entity's mission and strategy to align HR initiatives and department objectives. The Advisor serves as a coach for employees, supervisors and managers.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Serves as a business partner to management within the full scope of Human Resources functions and advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
- Provides expertise and consultation regarding labor agreements to include interpretation, past practice, investigations, grievance procedures and disciplinary actions.
- Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all client managers, supervisors and employees regarding HR issues.
- Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises managers and supervisors in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
- Provides ongoing assessment and coaching to managers, supervisors, and staff and recommends development plans where needed.
- Advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding employee and labor relations issues; recommends courses of action and ensures appropriate documentation of events, and consistency and fairness in all resolutions.
- Advises HR staff regarding policies, processes and practices and recommends changes, new development, and/or elimination as needed.
- Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
- Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches managers, supervisors, and staff regarding these requirements.
- Serves as the liaison between HR and other administrative departments within the organization.
- Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their Department and the organization.
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills.
- Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent consultative and coaching skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a high pressure environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3-5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite.
- License/Certification: Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) strongly preferred.