At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR & NURSING ASSISTANT (HUC/NA)
40 Hour / 7:00am-3:30pm
Cross-trained in the role of Health Unit Coordinator and Nursing Assistant based on the needs of the department. Responsibilities are a combination of providing direct care and technical assistance to the RN and M.D. and performing a variety of computer, clerical, scheduling and supply functions necessary for the operation of the department.
- Assembles and labels charts for incoming patients
- Transcribes physicians orders in an accurate, neat and timely manner
- Notifies Patient care Manager of any lack of information on orders.
- Accurately enters all orders from Lab, X-Ray, etc. into computer.
- Assures that each order on physician’s order sheet and kardexes have corresponding number from computer
- Secures records from previous admission as necessary
- Prepares chart for transfer and secures photocopies as needed
- Prepares chart for discharge and assures that chart is complete.
- Notifies Patient Care Manager of any lack of documentation at time of discharge
- Enters discharge into the computer when patient has left unit
- Lists all new admissions, diets, changes or discharges on kardexes and enters necessary information into computer
- Returns to Pharmacy all medications that RN has removed from cassette at discharge
- On a daily basis, checks medication supplies, obtains necessary meds from Pharmacy and supplies form CSR
- Notifies appropriate physicians of any consultations, discharges, transfers or expirations
Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED, graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant training program.
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum of one year working in a hospital setting preferred; or; or a student nurse who has completed two years of nursing school. Medical secretary experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Other skills and abilities: Bilingual a plus.
Equipment/Software/Certification: BLS Required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.