Human Resources Advisor
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Human Resources Advisor serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and operational/staff units, providing the highest levels of customer service to the business. The Advisor consults and collaborates with employees, supervisors and managers across the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources. The Advisor leverages a thorough knowledge and understanding of the entity’s mission and strategy to align HR initiatives and department objectives. The Advisor serves as a coach for employees, supervisors and managers.
• Serves as a business partner to management within the full scope of Human Resources functions and advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
• Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all client managers, supervisors and employees regarding HR issues.
• Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises managers and supervisors in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
• Provides ongoing assessment and coaching to managers, supervisors, and staff and recommends development plans where needed.
• Advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding employee and labor relations issues; recommends courses of action and ensures appropriate documentation of events, and consistency and fairness in all resolutions.
• Advises HR staff regarding policies, processes and practices and recommends changes, new development, and/or elimination as needed.
• Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
• Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches managers, supervisors, and staff regarding these requirements.
• Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their department and the organization.
• Seeks out professional development opportunities and continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills.
• Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent consultative and coaching skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a high pressure environment.
I. Education: Bachelor’s Degree
II. Experience: 2-3 years of HR generalist experience
III. Certification/Licensure: Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) a plus.
IV. Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite required. Knowledge of Kronos and Healthcaresource strongly preferred.