Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director of Staffing & Workforce Planning and Vice President of Talent Acquisition, the Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Steward National Traveler Network, Human Resources department.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least five years of progressive Human Resources experience required.
- Experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Manager in a hospital setting strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of relevant federal, state and local regulations relating to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA.
- High degree of competency with Human Resources Information Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Management preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting highly preferred
- Implements and monitors the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; in conjunction with the Regional VP of HR, analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Regional VP of HR, develops, recommends, and implements local personnel policies and procedures.
- Implements corporate policies and procedures along with the handbook.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors succession-planning program and employee relations counseling; reviews exit surveys and reports on findings.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Manages and directs the administration of leave of absence/disability programs.
- Facilitates and maintains affirmative action program; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO and OFCCP regulations.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Mediates conflict between employees and management to resolve misunderstanding; facilitate communication to promote effective working relationships.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Oversees the management of all personnel recordkeeping for all network personnel.