Human Resources Specialist - Part Time Flexible Hours - MPMC
Come work with us at Mountain Pont Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at MPMC.
Human Resources Specialist:
Primarily responsible for the on-boarding process of new hires and volunteers. Maintains records of all employees, including data entry of employment records. Assists with employment inquiries including benefits, FMLA and payroll question. Will assist in employee relations, employee engagement activities, creating reports, tracking 90 day compliance and exit interviews. Assists in recruiting efforts, receives mail, answers telephones, and assures adequate office supplies are maintained. Ensures proper supplies of orientation packets and HR printed materials are properly maintained. Develops and maintains departmental record keeping and filing systems. Responsible for ensuring new employees receive Mini Orientation and is scheduled for General Hospital Orientation. Assures all needed documentation is collected prior to employment and keeps detailed records for tracking and regulatory purposes. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, be able to prioritize multiple projects and must be able to work successfully in an autonomous environment. Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer degree in HR or related field.
- Previous HR or related experience.
- Strong computer knowledge and Excel experience.
- Excellent typing (minimum of 50 wpm)
- Experience working with Kronos, Lawson, and API programs preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workers Compensation, FMLA, ADA, and Affirmative Action.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.