Hvac Mechanic- Full time 40 Hours Tuesday-saturday
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HVAC section including and overseeing the work of employees who install, repair and maintain building/facilities. Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees work product. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Installs, inspects, operates and repairs refrigeration equipment, ice makers, water coolers, incremental heating/cooling units, air conditioners, HVAC controls and air handling equipment, steam valves and traps, air compressors and vacuum pumps
• Inspects and performs PM on assigned equipment to assure that equipment operates at optimum performance. Promptly communicates and documents all findings.
• Can access information on the METASYS computer.
• Demonstrates general knowledge in the following control systems: DDC, Pneumatic, Electrical, and Electro-pneumatic.
• Maintains adequate level of supplies while utilizing vendors stock in a manner that minimizes hospital's investment in supplies.
• Employs state of the art techniques when repairing and/or installing HVAC equipment, air compressors, vacuum pumps, and associated equipment.
• Trouble shoots inoperative and/or improperly operating equipment utilizing leak detectors, thermometers, and gauges. Trouble shoots electrical controls of inoperative and/or improperly operating equipment using volt/ohm meters, amp probes/meters, and appropriate test equipment.
• Repairs and installs piping systems utilizing state of the art soldering/brazing techniques.
• All work performed meets code requirements and is done in a neat and workmanlike manner. This includes replacing soiled or stained ceiling tiles and assuring the area is clean upon completion of work.
• Meets department standards for quantity of work.
• Meets department standards for quality of work.
• EPA Refrigerant Certification; 3-5 years of experience