HVAC Mechanic- Maintenance Dept-Full time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Holy Family Hospital is a 385-bed full-service, acute care hospital with two campuses located in Methuen and Haverhill, Massachusetts. Both locations provide comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and 24/7 emergency services, including ICUs. With first class specialists, innovative treatment options and state-of-the-art technology, both of our hospital campuses provide exceptional care throughout the greater Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire.
Full Time 40 hours per week
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HVAC section including and overseeing the work of employees who install, repair and maintain building/facilities. Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees work product. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Installs, inspects, operates and repairs refrigeration equipment, ice makers, water coolers, incremental heating/cooling units, air conditioners, HVAC controls and air handling equipment, steam valves and traps, air compressors and vacuum pumps
• Inspects and performs PM on assigned equipment to assure that equipment operates at optimum performance. Promptly communicates and documents all findings.
• Can access information on the METASYS computer.
• Demonstrates general knowledge in the following control systems: DDC, Pneumatic, Electrical, and Electro-pneumatic.
• Maintains adequate level of supplies while utilizing vendors stock in a manner that minimizes hospital's investment in supplies.
• Employs state of the art techniques when repairing and/or installing HVAC equipment, air compressors, vacuum pumps, and associated equipment.
• Trouble shoots inoperative and/or improperly operating equipment utilizing leak detectors, thermometers, and gauges. Trouble shoots electrical controls of inoperative and/or improperly operating equipment using volt/ohm meters, amp probes/meters, and appropriate test equipment.
• Repairs and installs piping systems utilizing state of the art soldering/brazing techniques.
• All work performed meets code requirements and is done in a neat and workmanlike manner. This includes replacing soiled or stained ceiling tiles and assuring the area is clean upon completion of work.
• Meets department standards for quantity of work.
• Meets department standards for quality of work.
• EPA Refrigerant Certification; 3-5 years of experience