Infection Control & EH Coordinator, Full time, Days
Summary of Responsibility:
Under the supervision of the hospital’s Chief Medical Officer, assists with implementation of all components of the hospital’s Infection Control program and Employee Health functions as assigned. Thsi position involves responsiblities for the Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) and the Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
- Collects and analyzes surveillance data on infection in patients and personnel.
- Participates in Environment of Care rounds to monitor safety practices, environmental cleanliness and compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Collects data for analysis of unusual endemic or epidemic situations, to evaluate new procedures, or equipment to be utilized in patient care.
- Implements Employee Health programs such as pre –employment health assessments, immunization & vaccine programs, work related injury program, wellness programs, Ergonomics programs and evaluates sick call reports for clusters of illness or infectious/communicable diseases
- Acts as a resource for Infection Control/Employee Health issues hospital wide.
- Provides staff education in the areas of Infection Control/ Employee Health appropriate to the needs of the population served.
- Actively involved in the implementation and achievement of unit, department and organizational goals.
- Assures internal and external customer satisfaction with Infection Control/Employee Health services.
- Manages Infection Control/Employee Health Department in absence Infection Control/Employee Health Coordinator.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a related health care field preferred
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
- Certified in Infection Control or Occupational Health Nursing (after 2 years in position)
- Demonstrates clinical competence, excellent communication, verbal and written skills, a commitment to interdisciplinary team process and leadership ability.