At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Infection Control Officer is responsible for managing and supervising all activities related to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of nosocomial acquired infections and communicable diseases at local Steward Health Care hospital. These responsibilities include setting standards and evaluating compliance for practices that are associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections. The Infection Control Officer is responsible for designing, leading and maintaining a hospital based infection prevention and control program that is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions recommendations, Joint Commission Standards, DNV, OSHA and DOH regulations and current published literature in the field of Hospital Epidemiology.
The Infection Control Officer will provide consultative services to all areas, both clinical and non-clinical at the local hospital.
- Bachelor of Science in healthcare field of study. RN or MT preferred- MS preferred a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in hospital infection control.
- Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., rL Solutions IMPRO, NHSN, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills, including knowledge and experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 120650