Information Security Analyst
Security Analyst maintains security posture of Steward Health Care through active monitoring of the infrastructure and participation in projects designed to implement security technologies. Monitors work request queue and assumes (or delegates to other team members) responsibility for incoming requests.
The primary focus of the Security Analyst will be to support incoming work and incident requests. The analyst will manage the following tasks:
- Support organizational security strategies aligned to enable Steward Health Care’s mission and business objectives;
- Utilize variety of tools and systems to identify the parties responsible for devices known or suspected to be compromised;
- Coordinate with system owners, administrators, and users to facilitate remediation including removal of infection, system rebuilds, enforce secure configuration of operating systems and applications;
- Participate in major security implementation projects;
- Identify key operational areas for continuous improvement;
- Monitor network security by aggregating and analyzing feeds for intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning platforms, firewalls, and other relevant sources;
- Occasional after hours and weekend work may be required in order to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours;
- Participate in the call rotations;
- Travel to other Steward Health Care sites as needed; and
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Function as a member of the Security Engineering & Operations team;
- Work collaboratively with multiple institutions, departments, and individual users (both technical and non-technical) across multiple facilities;
- Understand information security concepts and practices;
- Experience with handling and resolving customer issues and/or problems;
- Perform root cause analysis of problems;
- Knowledge of well-known networking protocols, topologies, and services;
- Incident handling procedures and Cyber Kill Chain methodology is desirable;
- Knowledge of web applications and API is desired; and
- Knowledge of and experience in scripting is highly desired.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3+ years of relevant experience with large mission-critical internetworks is highly desired.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office required.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.