Insurance Clerk Admitting PDM
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement Programs, and many other perks!
Under the general supervision of the Admissions Coordinator, the Insurance Verification Clerk is responsible for obtaining accurate financial and demographic information, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, determining patient financial obligations, obtaining pre-certification, referrals or authorizations that are required, and documenting information into the computerized system. The Insurance Verification Clerk is also responsible for notifying patients of scheduled pre-testing appointments and deposit requirements. Responsible for ensuring that all high priority pre-admission orders are processed immediately. Assists with other patient access functions as needed including pre-registration, registration, QA, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in all types of health care insurance programs including Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in utilization of office equipment computer, electronics, and internet.
- Minimum of two years Insurance Verification, Authorization, Referrals, Scheduling in physician office, ambulatory setting or diagnostic setting; or 3 years hospital related verification, authorization, scheduling experience combined preferred.
- Experienced with CPT and ICD10 Codes with working knowledge of procedures preferred.
- Experienced with LCD, NCD and medical necessity requirements for payors including ABN requirements (able to obtain information when needed) preferred.
- Recommending being proficient in web-based insurance websites and other internet navigation tools.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer service.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.