Insurance Verifier (SMG West Jordan - Women Oncology)
Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The role of the Insurance Verifier is to provide exceptional care to patients and customers while offering clinical support to healthcare providers. The Insurance Verifier works with patients to obtain proper insurance authorization and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Insurance Verifier’s are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Meets individually with all patients to determine insurance benefits
- Reviews criteria required for pre-authorization of surgery
- Collects and submits all required information to insurance carriers and follow-ups to ensure receipt and approval
- Schedules surgeries and pre-op appointments with patients and follows patient until all accounts receivables are in for surgery
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families who are receiving care as part of the treatment plan
- Assists with front and back office duties as required
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Three or more years experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- One or more years of demonstrated insurance pre-authorization experience
- Demonstrated experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.