Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Insurance Verifier with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Verify insurance benefits and obtain prior authorization for patient exams being performed at Hawthorn Medical/SMG.
- Record all insurance benefit and certification information in the applicable computer system. Complete and distribute all paperwork required by insurance and Imaging department.
- Gather all necessary information from secretaries to obtain pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as stipulated by each individual health plan for Diagnostic Imaging services and communicates with scheduling when additional information is required.
- Interface on a daily basis with insurance carriers, individual insurance provider authorizers, medical groups, and scheduling coordinators to maximize efficiency.
- When providing scheduling services, maintain communication with the ordering physicians and their secretaries to schedule patients for a variety of imaging procedures.
- Knowledge regarding the appropriate exam preparation, appointment arrival time and contraindications. Able to communicate these instructions to both the scheduling secretaries and the patients that may call directly.
- Utilize payer websites to determine eligibility and benefit determination to ensure radiology exams are covered and to prevent denials.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or Secretarial certificate preferred. Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience in medical office setting required; medical terminology, and computer skills preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Excellent customer service /communication skills.
Detailed knowledge of third party payer requirements for authorization requirements to facilitate payment for Imaging services.
Familiar with medical terminology, ICD-10 coding and CPT procedure codes preferred
Ability to process multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment and prioritize workload effectively. Must be able to function independently.