Shift: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
This position is responsible for timely and accurate pre-registration, insurance verification, and upfront collection. The Insurance Verification Coordinator works to prevent avoidable denials through compliance with payer pre-certification and authorization requirements. The employee must accurately interpret managed care contracts and correctly calculate patient portion. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of healthcare Insurance Verification experience required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED