About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Serves as a medical interpreter for patients and staff and supports the operations of the department in the consecutive or sight translation mode. Relays medical information between speakers of two different languages in compliance with all office and hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to patient confidentiality and informed consent, passing performance of competencies listed in the IMIA Standards of Practice, and the Code of Ethics. Understands and abides by all published Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics for Medical Interpreters.
- Explains role of the interpreter to patient and provider; recognizes the
complexity of the clinical encounter and added factor of linguistic barrier;
sets tone of the patient/provider encounter to manage spatial configuration
and flow of communication to preserve accuracy and completeness
- Interprets with highest degree of accuracy and completeness in consecutive and sight translation modes self-corrects, understands own linguistic limitations, seeks clarification, and accepts correction.
- Understands variety of regional accents and linguistic styles and registers
Selects appropriate mode of interpretation for each situation
- Helps facilitate successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse consumers. Explain hospital resources, office protocols, and limitations to clinicians and patients; make appropriate referrals; serve as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and providers to contribute to successful outcomes.
- Performs duties in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Adheres to hospital policies on customer relations and hospitality.
- Support the office operations by answering the phone, taking requests, calling patients to confirm appointments, document encounters on the interpreter tracking system, do data entry, verify, and schedule future appointments, when necessary, do general troubleshooting, filing, and photocopying.
- Support financial counseling process, community outreach events as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred Education:
- Fluency in English and one or more foreign languages, both oral and written
Proof of medical interpreter training - minimum of 40 hours
- 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting as a medical interpreter with strong medical vocabulary preferred.
- National Board Certification for spoken language interpreters, required within 6 months of hire date.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 129941