IS Security Architect
The Security Architect designs, implements and maintains the security posture of Steward Health Care's computer systems. The Architect also provides leadership and support for the Security Operations team. Requires diverse set of skills including problem solving, solid verbal and written communication, excellent relationship building experience and strong leadership skills.
• Support organization security strategies aligned to enable Steward Health Care's mission and business objectives
• Serve as a leader of project teams in a cross-functional environment
• Provide development guidance and assist in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information security policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration
• Identify key operational areas for continuous improvement
• Strong background in Security Architecture, Engineering and Operations
• Design, build, implement and support of enterprise-class security systems
• Work both independently and collaborate with peers, across teams and with management
• Knowledge of IT Operations, vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
• Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
• Provide guidance on incident response and data leakage control topics to other IT groups
• Security considerations of cloud computing, including data breaches, hacking, malicious insiders and third parties, authentication, APTs, data loss and DOS attack and mitigation.
• Strong knowledge of various security solutions such as AV, IDS, SIEM, VPN, Zero Trust, DNS, Load Balancers (application Firewalls), Next Generation Firewalls
• Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography and authentication.
• Knowledge of and experience in scripting using Python and/or PowerShell is required
• Knowledge of web applications and API is highly desired
• Experience with cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure is desired
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.