Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 7/2/2020
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Morton Hospital. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Morton Hospital based on such operational needs.
The Lead Central Supply Technician is responsible to plan, organize and manage the operation of the assigned unit(s) including daily staffing. Requires experience and commitment to the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction. The Lead Central Supply Technician will provide leadership and direction to the Central Supply staff while promoting teamwork.
- Coordinates and supervises activities of Central Supply Assistants; prepares daily work assignment and re-assigns as needed.
- Participates in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of departmental goals.
- Prioritizes workload and ensures that established policies and procedures are followed; Coordinates departmental workflow with all team members to ensure safe, effective and efficient work processing
- Communicates with Business Manager, clinical staff, storeroom staff and other departments such as Laundry to ensure smooth workflow and to investigate and resolve case cart preparation issues, to verify status of instrument repairs, inventory levels, and the like.
- Serve as an expert in the area of specific unit competencies, maintains clinical competencies for assigned clinical areas.
- Assists in the development of new policies and procedures, and works to improve overall efficiency and quality; identifies workflow problems and recommends solution
- Performs duties of OR Instrument Assistant including cleaning, decontamination, assembly, labeling, wrapping and storing surgical instruments and trays; operates washers, cart washers and sterilizers according to established procedures; prepares pick lists and case carts for surgical procedures
- Coordinates regular scheduled equipment maintenance schedules for washers, ultrasonic cleaners, sterilizers, etc. Arranges for equipment and instrument repair as necessary.
- Conducts biological monitoring and documentation of same for variety of sterilizers and other related equipment in accordance with established schedule.
- Prepares and maintains manual and electronic records and reports related to all activities
- Participates in the orientation and training of personnel including correct operation of equipment
- Participates in annual inventory counting with clinical staff and internal audit as required.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with DPH, TJC, etc.
- Updates call lists annually for disaster plan.
- Develops four week and daily schedules.
- Reports flash rates at Infection Control Committee.
- Orders CSR stock instruments as needed.
- Participates in Code Committee.
- Organizes appropriate in-services.