Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional Lead Mammographer to assist in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
1. Maintain QA/QC records in an orderly fashion. Work closely with the Radiation Physicist by both verbal and written communication to maintain that the equipment meets all Radiation standards set forth by law.
2. Take immediate action to correct any and all parameters that do not fall within the established guidelines, including but not limited to proper exposures, equipment calibrations, processor functions.
3. Takes responsibility to ensure patient record keeping and patient tracking is done in a timely manner.
4. Operates Mammography equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information.
5. Perform all aspects of breast imaging including Mammography, Ultrasound assistance, cyst aspiration, core biopsies and the handling and routing of all breast specimens.
6. Takes responsibility to ensure previous outside films are available for comparison. Provides follow up and notification to the appropriate person when films are delayed or otherwise not available. Maintains constant communication with the interpreting physician so as to provide the best possible patient care.
7. Explains the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
8. Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures. Must be knowledgeable and able to work within the regulations mandated by the State of
9. Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures.
10. Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the workday, including imaging equipment, film processors and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
11. Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
12. Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participate in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines. Attend staff meetings and in service education programs.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (Mammography) with minimum 3 years mammography experience.
- Knowledge regarding QA/QC including but not limited to MQSA/ACR regulations.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (Mammography)
- CPR Certification