Lead Med Tech
Under the guidance of the Laboratory Supervisor, Chief of Pathology or Core Lab Section Head the Lead Tech Laboratory is responsible for:
* Assuries compliance by department personnel with professional and departmental standards, policies and procedures, and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytice performance are maintained.
* Responsible for assuring all remedial actions are taken whenever a test system deviates from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
*Responsible for ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
*Processes specimens appropriately, meeting specimen testing requirements consistently, and aliquotting specimens accurately
*Reports results in a timely manner. Consistently and appropriately prioritizes STAT specimens
*Checks pending lists according to laboratory policy and resolves all issues. Resolution is documented appropriately and communicated to the next shift. Makes oneself available to receive shift report from the previous shift
*Verifies, calls, and documents all critical values according to hospital policy.
*Performs and documents all scheduled daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance.
*Performs specimen processing at accessioning bench as required
*Assists the Laboratory Supervisor and Core Lab Section Head with maintaining a quality assurance program that will establish laboratory goals and ensure that these goals are met
*Reviews Quality Control results for completeness and accuracy, and documents resolutions for out of control tests.
* Performs proficiency testing , performs the necessary comparative analysis and resolves all proficiency testing result problems.
* Records, reviews, certifies and reports test results as required
* Establishing service priorities, work routine and flow patterns and monitor work flow to assure prompt and efficient delivery of services.
* Responsible for staff review, education and sign off of new and revised policies and procedures. .
*Effects cost control measures in the utilization of personnel, supplies, materials, equipment, etc.
*Assists in the hiring and training process of new laboratory personnel.
.* Maintains proper functioning of laboratory equipment, calls for and documents maintenance and repairs defective equipment, purchases laboratory supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
* Attends meetings (administrative, departmental, divisional and operational) as required. Participates on committees as required / requested
* May assume responsibility for oversight of the laboratory in absence of the Laboratory Supervisor or Core Lab Section Head.
* Perform other duties as requested/required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: