Lead MRI Tech-MRI-36 Hrs/Week-Day/Evening Shifts-Weekends As Needed
Responsible for performing a variety of imaging MRI procedures, and is responsible for department/ patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities. Provides for staff schedules and daily staff assignments. Oversees patient flow from all patient care areas and assigns them to appropriate MR system as needed. Assist administrative staff in the organization of the patient screening sheets. Checks PACS and Meditech for any unread studies and escalates them as needed. Responsible for ACR accreditations and maintaining QA/QC requirements.
Regulatory Requirements: Must be ARRT registered. BLS required.
Minimum Qualifications: 3 years in MRI scanning and the ability to multitask, work well independently or as well as a team. Strong, positive, interpersonal skills.
KEY Competencies: Administration
- Creates and maintains monthly MRI staff schedule.
- Confers with peers to coordinate shared employee schedules.
- Creates and maintains the daily room assignments.
KEY Competencies: Clinical Practice and Department Operations
- Manages daily department operation and ensure all exams are performed focusing on patient needs and prioritizing work as needed.
- Submits requested documentation on work assignments, overtime authorization, operating expenses when requested.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of the department including monitoring inventory and ordering supplies when stock is low.
- Acts as point person in department for equipment issues, equipment demo’s, protocol revisions, and projects
- Ensures all emergency exams are given highest priority whenever possible.
- Responsible for ACR accreditation, upholding standards and makes recommendations to supervisor as needed in regards to ACR process
- Assists with the investigation of complaints and rl incident reporting occurrences
KEY Competencies: MRI Equipment
- Maintains appropriate operating conditions, performance of MRI equipment by coordinating service related issues, PMs and medical physicist surveys.
- Performs QA/QC per ACR guidelines and as per manufacturer specs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled