Lead Switchboard Operator
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Lead Switchboard Operator works in conjunction with the Director of Facilities to provide 24-hour communication services at the hospital switchboard. Coordinates telephone communication at Hospital essential to the delivery of long term acute care. Provides oversight of Telecommunication staff.
High school diploma. Associates degree preferred
Minimum of three to five years experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent customer service skills
- Handles all incoming and outgoing calls in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Monitors alarms and notifies appropriate personnel
- Handles, properly, any code or emergency call, referring to the Operator's Handbook when necessary.
- Provides coverage when staffing problems arise
- Coordinates telephone adds, moves and service calls
- Runs telephone reports as requested
- Calls in repair for faxes and pagers
- Keeps accurate records of pager assignments
- Responds to both patient and department complaints and works closely with the Director to resolve them.
- Provides direct oversight of Telecommunication staff
- Coordinates staffing schedule
- Provides input for performance reviews
- Participates in hiring new staff for switchboard
- Provides training for new employees. Provide documentation that training has been completed.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Important COVID message
Please note, our New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.