Licensed Behavioral Health Navigator
The Licensed Behavioral Health Navigator position requires Massachusetts licensure, licensure at the independent level in the state of Massachusetts; Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers, (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC) are required to apply.
*These are onsite, full-time positions.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible team members, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, while not changing your employer! With 39 hospitals nationwide, we care for over 12.3 million patients annually and employ approximately 42,000 team members
- And much more!
The Behavioral Health Navigator is based in the Emergency Department, it requires a Massachusetts independent licensure either LICSW or LMHC. As a Behavioral Health Navigator (BHN), you will work with an interdisciplinary team of medical professions to determine the appropriate care of all patients who present to the Emergency Department in behavioral health crisis. BHN collaborate with outpatient providers, DMH, DCF, families, schools etc. to determine the needs of each patient and to ensure that the patients are receiving the best, most effective care available. BHNs are also part of the hospital community and have an opportunity to be on various hospital and community committees committed to the ongoing goal of providing and improving community-based care.
- Master’s degree (MA, MS, MSW) or Doctorate in Psychology or Social Work.
- A minimum of two (2)- five (5) years’ direct care experience required.
- Licensure at the independent level in the state of Massachusetts; Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers, (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC) are required to apply.
- Experience using Meditech software, preferred.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Performs confidential interviews, both in person and via telemedicine with patients to assess the needs of patients from referrals directed by the Emergency Department physicians/staff and documents the initiation of these referrals in the patient's medical record.
- Confers with related health professionals in relation to the need for interdisciplinary information sharing and treatment planning and uncovers barriers to care and develops an effective plan for alleviating these barriers to care for the safety and betterment of the patient.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and plans related to the patient's confidential medical record in accordance with HIPPA, industry, and compliance standards.
- Educates PCPs and clinical staff on alternative care management options.
- Provides education/consultation as needed to other mental health care team members and to health care consumers.
- Serves as a liaison with other service providers or community supports for the continuous improvement of services to patients.
- Please see complete job description for full list of job responsibilities.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.