Licensed Independent Social Worker (MSW-LICSW) Psych -24hrs/Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
LICSW to provide therapy in outpatient clinic.
The Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) will be responsible for seeing patients in our Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic for psychotherapy. The LICSW will collaborate closely with other clinicians in the outpatient clinic to ensure that our patients will receive appropriate care in accordance with Best Practice guidelines for treatment of a wide range of psychiatric diagnoses.
- Perform individual psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and group therapy as appropriate for each patient.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for all patients.
- Document, in a timely fashion, initial assessments, treatment plans, and updates in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with staff, families, and outside agencies.
- Provide education and consultation to other healthcare team members as needed.
- Regularly attend and participate in team/departmental meetings and activities.
- Identify legal and risk management issues and review with Program Director
- Participate in continuing education programs that are relevant to job function.
- Abide by and uphold the hospital’s service excellence standards.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of DSM-5 Diagnoses
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to establish rapport with patients with a diversity of clinical diagnoses and backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Abilify to work collaboratively and independently.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.