Linen Assistant Part Time Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
***Linen Assistant 8hrs/Days
Position Summary: Under the Supervision of the Environmental Services Director the assistant aids with the distribution of clean linens to all using departments. Assists in the receiving, sorting and inventory of each department’s carts. Assists in maintaining a sufficient supply of linens available to meet hospital needs.
Management of Time and Resources:
1. Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
2. Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
3. Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
4. Is reliable in respect to attendance.
5. Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
6. Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
1. Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
2. Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
3. Produces quality results.
4. Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
5. Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
1. Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
2. Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
3. Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
4. Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
5. Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
6. Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
7. Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
1. Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
2. Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
3. Responds to requests in a timely manner.
4. Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
5. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
6. Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
1. Sorts and inspects clean linen Segregates those items requiring rewash, mending, or removal from service.
2. Inspects and folds surgical linen.
3. Inventories linen carts. Rearrange items to proper order. Fills linen quotas for each unit.
4. Maintains hospital unit usage record workload information. Record volume and type of items discarded.
5. Answers telephone, records requests and fills orders on an urgent basis.
6. Communicates new requests, stock-outs, problems and unusual occurrences to supervisor on an as needed basis.
7. Demonstrates responsibility for inventory levels by communicating with vendor to avoid over stocking.
8. Monitors units for stock-outs on a daily basis.
9. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.