LPN/LVN Telemetry - Days
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - Telemetry
- Participates in the nursing process, excluding initial assessment, to provide for individualized quality patient care, meeting the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient, utilizing a cost-effective approach.
- Performs a variety of basic treatments and procedures in accordance with physician’s orders to provide for patient care needs
- Administers medications, as ordered, in accordance with hospital policy and procedures to enhance patient comfort and recovery.
- Documents observations, interventions, results, and acuities on appropriate medical record to provide for continuous, current, and accurate patient information.
- Selects clinical education programs and workshops which increases professional competence, meets personal needs and goals, and maintains compliance with unit standards.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing and currently licensed, or eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona
- Must have previous monitor experience or has completed basic EKG course.
- BCLS certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire
- ACLS certification or completion within 90 days
- Successful completion of course in Pharmacology / IV therapy, prefer IV course certification in Arizona
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 119638