LPN/LVN Telemetry - Full Time Nights
Under the direction of the Practice Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for performing direct patient care activities and working in an interdisciplinary team. Performs delegated functions and appropriate nursing interventions in concert with the attending physician. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. The LPN maintains accountability for his/her own nursing knowledge and skills in accordance with policy and procedure and the philosophy, objectives, and goals of the practice.
- Collecting vital information from patients regarding health complaints
- Monitor patient’s vitals and update patient histories
- Assist nursing and medical staff with basic medical tasks, such as administering medication
- Update patient records in a confidential manner
- Evaluate the patient’s wellbeing, reporting any needs to medical staff
- Explain treatments and procedures to patients and families
- Change dressings, remove stitches, and bandages, ensuring patients are healing properly
- Recording and updating patient histories
- Discussing health care issues and concerns
- Drawing blood for testing
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Louisiana.
- Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)/BLS
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.