We are seeking multiple LPN’s to work at a busy medical clinic in Dartmouth. We have immediate openings for full-time and part-time positions based on the flexibility of your schedule.
This is a great opportunity for entry level or experienced LPN’s to assist our providers in the treatment and care of our patients. Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is an organization that prides ourselves on knowing that we can make a difference in the lives of our patient’s every day!
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintain exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as directed. Educate patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screen patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintain/review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate competencies applicable to job position
- Perform all other work duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Massachusetts. One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred. CPR certified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effect on patients. Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques, administration of a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to establish /maintain a safe work environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff. Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
We can offer you:
Vacation, holiday and sick time
Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances as well as tuition reimbursement
401K with company contribution
Supportive culture and professional development
Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 116739