LPN Med/Surg 6W Part-time Night Shift
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the performance of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse. Responsibilities are completed in accordance with the current scope of practice and established standards of patient care.
- Consistently delivers care in a compassionate and respectful manner to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Completes specific responsibilities including patient specific treatment as delegated by the Registered Nurse and in compliance with Health System policy/procedure and scope of practice.
- Administers oral, injectable and intravenous medications in compliance with Health System policy/procedure and scope of practice.
- Provides patient education related to medication, treatments and procedures administered.
- Responds to lights.
- Evaluates patient responses to medications, treatments and procedures and communicates findings to Registered Nurse.
- Documents medications, treatments, procedures, teaching and patient responses thoroughly and accurately in the medical record.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leader and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- Communicates all patient care activity and their response to the Registered Nurse or other team member as appropriate.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements, which includes but is not limited to a drug screen, physical, and background check(s).
- LPN PA License
- Clearances per State and Federal law
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.