LPN, Per Diem
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Practices practical nursing under the general supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, delivering quality patient care through the application of the nursing process.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN school of Nursing.
- Current license in Massachusetts as an LPN.
- Knowledge of Geriatric Nursing required.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association or American Red Cross standards required.
- Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
- Supervises and evaluates all direct resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Provides clinical supervision of nursing assistants providing direct resident care.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations within the assigned unit.
- Controls supplies and equipment within the unit.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to ensure that high quality resident care is maintained.
- Administers and documents medications, internal nutrition, and treatments per the physician's order and accurately records all care provided and observations daily.
- Orders, receives and documents medication received according to facility procedure.
- Demonstrates competencies necessary to provide safe and effective care to populations served.
- Identifies spiritual, cultural, legal, and ethical aspects of care.
Important COVID message
Please note, our New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.