1. POSITION PURPOSE (Summary)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse shall be responsible for applying skills and techniques common to the practice of vocational nursing to patients between the ages of the newborn and the elderly. The Licensed Vocational Nurse functions under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs assigned tasks related to patient care. The work is performed in compliance with the established policies of the health care system and reflects the philosophy of the hospital, as well as the mission of the department of nursing.
2. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduate of an accredited School for Licensed Vocational Nursing.
2. Successful completion of the pre-hire medication examination.
1. Prefer at least two years of experience in a medical surgical unit, negotiable.
Registration, Licensure and\or Certification Required:
1. Current License from the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
2. Successful completion of AHA approved course in BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS and PALS within 30 Days.