Responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians. Performs in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures. Follows the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate competencies applicable to job position.
- Perform all other work duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effect on patients. Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques, administration of a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to establish /maintain a safe work environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff. Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.