About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
***Maintenance Mechanic/Fireman 24hrs/Days
The hospital maintenance mechanic is expected to perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to, operating and maintaining stationary engines and mechanical equipment, such as boilers, compressors, generators, and air handling equipment.
- Maintain and assure the proper operation of the boilers, air handling systems, emergency generators and closed loop systems.
- Have the ability to do safety testing as required for mechanical systems.
- Perform other repairs and maintenance activities, required by work order request.
- Complete all documentation accurately and within the required time period resulting in a 95% work order completion rate.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Upon completion of any task, tools must be put away and area left in a clean an orderly fashion.
- All abnormalities in any equipment must be reported to the assigned supervisor.
- This position requires covering vacation, sick and holiday for other maintenance staff.
- Must be able to understand schematics, blueprints and codes for the equipment maintained.
- Trouble shoot and repair air handling equipment using the right tools in accordance to manufactures recommendations and repair manuals.
- Must always perform duties in such a manner that is minimally disruptive to the operation of the hospital
- Must follow all rules of compliance set by the OSHA, and JCAHO while conducting work functions including required documentation and upkeep of maintenance logs.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
- Class 2 Boiler operator’s license or certificate.
- Prefer at least two years experience in HVAC related maintenance area
- Must be willing to complete all hospital required training.