Mammography Technologist - Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Performs mammography procedures as prescribed by physicians. Operates mammography and image processing equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
* Demonstrates competency in the operation of Mammography equipment.
* Properly cleans and organizes room upon completion of procedure.
* Reviews patient’s records and documents patient history.
* Consistently obtains diagnostic quality images with correct labeling as described in the American College of Radiology Procedure Manual
* Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient the opportunity to ask questions
* Consistently enters exams with accuracy with account #’s and medical doctor.
* Always checks and completes the status in the Radiology Meditech system as the patient is completed.
* Consistently wears film badge; returns film badge on a bi-monthly basis for evaluation.
* Demonstrates awareness and competence regarding patient safety.
* Follows universal precautions for the correct disposal of sharps, wears gloves and disinfects equipment between patients.
* Notifies supervisor of supply shortage, equipment malfunction and problematic situations within the department.
* Maintains American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and Massachusetts
* State License in accordance with departmental policy and regulatory agencies.
* Completes annual education in Steward University.
* Employee will comply with the principles of Infection Control and Aseptic Technique.
Management of Time and Resources:
* ??· Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
* Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
* Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
* Is reliable in respect to attendance.
* Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
* Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
* Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
* Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
* Produces quality results.
* Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
* Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
* Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
* Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
* Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
* Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
* Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
* Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
* Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
* Documented training and experience in radiography
* Documented training and experience in mammography
* Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography license
* Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Mammography license
* Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
* Current ARRT registered certification in Mammography with RT(M) designation preferred