About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
***Mammography Technologist Per Diem
Performs mammography procedures as prescribed by physicians. Operates mammography and image processing equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation of Mammography equipment.
- Properly cleans and organizes room upon completion of procedure.
- Reviews patient’s records and documents patient history.
- Consistently obtains diagnostic quality images with correct labeling as described in the American College of Radiology Procedure Manual
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient the opportunity to ask questions
- Consistently enters exams with accuracy with account #’s and medical doctor.
- Always checks and completes the status in the Radiology Meditech system as the patient is completed.
- Consistently wears film badge; returns film badge on a bi-monthly basis for evaluation.
- Demonstrates awareness and competence regarding patient safety.
- Follows universal precautions for the correct disposal of sharps, wears gloves and disinfects equipment between patients.
- Notifies supervisor of supply shortage, equipment malfunction and problematic situations within the department.
- Maintains American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and Massachusetts
- State License in accordance with departmental policy and regulatory agencies.
- Completes annual education in Steward University.
- Employee will comply with the principles of Infection Control and Aseptic Technique.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Smiles, treats customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Documented training and experience in radiography
- Documented training and experience in mammography
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography license
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Mammography license
- Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
- Current ARRT registered certification in Mammography with RT(M) designation preferred
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.