Manager, Business Operations
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Under the general direction of the Vice President, North Operations and Care Coordination, the Manager will lead, oversee, monitor, coordinate, and supervise the daily business operations of the North region to include analytics, certain components of the operational performance and the national care coordination initiative. Work collaboratively with SHCN finance, health informatics, regional leadership, regional performance teams, and other internal and external stakeholders to establish regional strategy and execution plan to improve care regional operational performance and national coordination while ensuring an excellent level of service and clinical care.
From an ACO business operational perspective:
- Leads the North region analytics function in an effort to maximize the performance under SHCN’s risk based contracts, including delivering accurate and on-time deliverables – including, but not limited to: projection model, strategic initiatives, membership analyses, financials and other key initiatives and deliverables
- Takes lead on ad hoc analytic requests, leveraging the team to provide accurate and timely data, analysis, and insightful interpretations
- Takes ownership of certain commercial and governmental performance initiatives. Coordinate with Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial performance teams to execute on budgeted initiatives and present progress and action plans to regional senior leadership across all BUs
- Coordinates with the Regional Vice Presidents and the Vice President for the North during budget to develop ROI analyses by contract and articulate the budget proposal to optimize performance. Works with business and operational leaders to identify opportunities to generate medical savings and quantify ROI for related programs
- Presents to executive leadership on the financial and operational progress of key initiatives
To improve SHCN’s overall Care Coordination performance, coordinate with SHCN’s leadership team, Performance Teams, Clinical Ops, and Regional Leadership to:
- Develop Project Plans for and execute on care coordination and business operational initiatives across all SHCN operational functions
- Synthesize organizational knowledge to understand the root cause for OON referrals and to develop tactics to redirect care with all operational lines of business
- Respects the confidential and sensitive nature of patient health information, maintaining the highest degree of compliance to internal and national governing regulations
- Prepare data and analysis to support weekly/monthly care coordination provider meetings based on provider opportunities
- Identify for Regional leadership low performing and non-engaged providers failing to execute on action plans
Other Key Areas:
- Meets regularly with direct reports individually to review cases and provide coaching and mentoring
- Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; reviewing personnel actions of subordinates and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Demonstrates leadership that creates and fosters a culture of continuous improvement in the department
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned based upon business needs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor of business or public health required
Years of Experience:
- At least four years’ experience in ACO business operations, Care Management, or Care Coordination required
- Must exhibit excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others to execute a plan in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality outcomes
- Highly motivated and self-directed. Ability to act proactively for the betterment of the department
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple demands
- Working knowledge of ACO business Operations and health care across the continuum
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Attend staff meetings and education offerings both in person and via teleconference as required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.