Manager Clinic Ex
This position is responsible for all operational aspects of a physician practice. Qualified candidate will be responsible for the duties to include: overseeing clerical/ support staff, patient relations, liaison with the central billing office and hospital departments, office planning, establishing standards for office operations and procedures, equipment and supply ordering and accounts payable.
- Supervises all non-provider staff at the office.
- Responsible for hiring, disciplinary action, and evaluations of employment for all non-physician staff.
- Responsible for operating budget for the office, including planning, controlling costs and maximizing revenue.
- Responsible for coordinating all information, service statistics, billing data and other financial data with the central billing office.
- Manages staffing to ensure appropriate coverage at all times, hires staff as necessary and coordinates scheduling.
- Designs and manages scheduling systems with physician approval to maximize patient satisfaction and office efficiency.
- Determines office hours and staffing policies in conjunction with physician input.
- Assists off-site billing operations by developing and managing systems which ensure retrieval and maintenance of appropriate information on site, maintain appropriate records and transfer information needed to the central billing office.
- Provide information and assistance to patients to ensure effective patient relations.
- Responsible for maintaining the facility including managing any repairs or remodeling, service contracts on equipment and the inventory of all capital equipment.
- Responsible for communicating operational and financial status as needed and is the liaison with the central billing office.
- Responsible for designing systems and managing the daily function transactions of the office.
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters, enters data, ensures that referrals are received, performs referral management, etc. Ensures that physician billing is accurately entered into the system.
- Type's correspondence, forms and other documents as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Medical terminology required.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and telephone skills required.
- n-depth knowledge of private practice office systems, including but not limited to insurance systems, policies and procedures as they impact on the practice, patient flow, patient relations, staffing, budget and financial reporting, billing systems and medical practice operations. Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, PPO and capitated products preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Two to five years’ experience with financial management, operations and staff supervision in a private physician's office or other health care setting required.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.