Manager, Clinical Applications *REMOTE AVAILABLE*
This position will lead a team of professionals who will implement and support MEDITECH Pharmacy Services and all supporting third party applications and interfaces throughout the expanding Steward Health System. The managerial candidate must function within a fast-paced environment and possess superior customer service and problem-solving skills. The manager will supervise and motivate the team to achieve success, meeting aggressive timelines with superior results. An effective manager will be able to bridge the gap between IT and Operations to ensure a seamless transition of technologies.
- Responsible for team’s successful implementation of Steward Standard applications, new application implementations, and ongoing optimizations at existing and new Steward facilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of IT Pharmacy Services team.
- Task delegation and managerial oversight to direct reports including FTE and temporary consulting resources.
- Appropriate project-level communication and escalation management of the Pharmacy Services IT team for implementation efforts impacting the pharmacy department.
- Regular team meetings and resource development opportunities for full-time staff.
- Identification and coordination of training needs for staff including onboarding activities.
- Working with Senior Director to develop a team structure to meet the current and future needs of covering the information technology system for pharmacy departments
- Development of policies and procedures for the Pharmacy Services team where appropriate.
- The following HR functions are a part of the day-to-day responsibilities:
- Time card approval in Kronos
- Management of vacation and time off requests for all team members including temporary consulting resources. This includes coordination during key implementation timeframes and activities.
- On call schedule creation (if applicable); on call inclusion for management team members off hours.
- Ensures all Steward University trainings are up-to-date for team members.
- Ensures IT Time Entry is complete each week in Microsoft PWA for all team members including temporary consulting resources.
- Collection and approval of any consulting resources’ status reports on a weekly basis.
- Onboarding of team members including any temporary consulting resources.
- Completion of annual evaluations and regular informal reviews.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic understanding of and experience with operating systems software (e.g. Windows) and web browser use required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Two years of project management experience preferred.
- MEDITECH 6.15 experience preferred.
- Pyxis experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, independent, and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Strong adult teaching skills preferred.
- Education: PharmD, Master’s degree or PGY2 in informatics
- Experience: 7-9 years’ experience within an acute are clinical or environment in related area.
- Background in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) automation, ADC cabinet, health information computer system applications, or related information technology experience preferred.
- Experience with Meditech platforms, specifically IT life cycle management, including build, deployment and maintenance preferred.
- Three or more year’s implementation experience and/or support of clinical information systems in a healthcare environment preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.