Manager Clinical Nursing -Telemetry - Full TIme
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
This role provides twenty-four (24) hour accountability for the delivery of quality patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients within specified unit.
Full Time Days- 40 Hours per week
- This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership abilities to manage complex, stressful, and critically important environments.
- Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing, directing, and meeting the daily needs and demands of patients and staff.
- Uses sound knowledge of nursing practices to assign patient care responsibilities to staff based on the patient's acuity and skill needs.
- Operationalizes knowledge of human resource management to effectively manage and communicate with staff on assigned unit to promote open communication, teamwork, and enhanced work performance.
- Responsible for effective utilization to ensure appropriate and efficient use of financial, supply and staff resources.
- Accountable for unit-level implementation of hospital policies and procedures.
- The Nurse Manager must maintain fiscal control within prescribed limits.
- Achieves high productivity while attaining exceptional patient, physician and associate satisfaction.
- Associate degree in nursing required. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Current unencumbered licensure from State of Massachusetts; prefer membership in professional organization.
- Minimum 1-year progressive management experience preferred.
- Current BCLS required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change.
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to patient confidentiality.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the department.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues high complexity.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments).
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123273