Manager, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Full Time, Day Shift
Manages all Clinical Pharmacy Services and Programs of the department including clinical initiatives that impact drug utilization, education and staff development, drug spend analysis and hospital drug formulary. Assists in the development of the departmental policies and procedures. Acts as the PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program Director. Directs the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experimental (APPE) program with state and private universities. Ensures compliance with state, federal, and TJC regulations and standards. Assists the Director of Pharmacy with hiring, performance management and performance evaluations of pharmacy personnel. Supervises Clinical Staff, Pharmacy Interns, and Pharmacy Residents. Reports to Director of Pharmacy.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy required.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of previous hospital clinical experience required.
- Three (3) years of previous management experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Good organizational skills preferred.
- Preceptorship responsibilities required.
- Current Florida Registered Pharmacist licensure required.
- Florida Consultant Pharmacist licensure preferred.
- ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Residency training preferred.
- BCPS (Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist) certification preferred.
- Effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization.