Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Manages daily operational activities for the Coding Team of Steward Medical Group to include accurate and timely code assignment for physician services, training and auditing and CDM integrity. Evaluates and implements educational programs to support current coding practice.
• Supervises coding staff and workflow including guidance and training for staff
• Manages operations within the established guidelines (compliance, budget, productivity, etc.)
• Create and maintain department processes and controls
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, rules and regulations, and policies & procedures.
• Evaluates and implements educational programs to support current coding practice.
• Serve as information liaison on coding-related information and activities to the organization.
• Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the coding process and revenue cycle performance.
• Focus on continuous improvement.
• Act as a resource on projects and takes on other duties as assigned
• Maintains certifications and stays current on industry trends
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 years Professional coding experience, 3 years in a supervisory capacity
• Prior expertise in physician practice claims management, coding, E&M Leveling and HCC Risk
• Demonstrated coding (ICD-10-CM and CPT) expertise.
• Progressive management and budgetary experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of health information processes
• Excellent problem-solving ability, communication, leadership, initiative and management skills are a necessity.
• Current certification as an RHIT or RHIA and a CPC or CCS-P is required.
• Certification in Health care Compliance (CHC) highly desired.
• Certified Risk Adjustment Coder preferred, Risk Coding experience required
• Special skills required include: a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, disease processes, health information science, computer applications in medical records, and current dynamics in the health care industry.