Manager, Eligibility and Enrollment
Reporting to the Director of Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment, the Community Health Enrollment Manager will oversee a team responsible for Medicaid screening & enrollment, Charity Care screening & Enrollment, and point of service collections.
- Daily Management of 3-4 Community Health Enrollment Supervisors and 30 dedicated Community Health Enrollment Specialists
- Monitoring of daily, weekly & monthly performance metrics
- Design, lead and manage special projects aimed at improving hospital operations and financial performance
- Partner closely with Patient Access Directors and Clinical Departments to maximize screening rates and point of service collection opportunities at each facility
- Travel to all facilities within the market monthly to meet with staff, observe workflow, and identify opportunities for continued improvement
- Participate in monthly revenue operations meetings to report on overall program results
- Maintain current knowledge of state and local county programs, and any changes to those programs, applicable to the Steward patient population
- Evaluate quality of Community Health Enrollment Specialists to ensure screening questionnaires are being completed to expectations, follow up actions executed timely and in accordance with standard protocols, and completed applications submitted within allowed timeframes to maximize reimbursement opportunity
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in Medicaid Eligibility & Enrollment
- Significant experience in Revenue Cycle and/or Patient Access
- Experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and worklist prioritization
- Experience with Patient Accounting systems, preferably Meditech
- Deep understanding of drivers of financial performance for health care providers
- Highly detailed and organized
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written communication)
- Ability to work successfully with a range of team members, from entry level to executive level employees
- Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience (Type & Length): 3-5 years’ relevant work experience required. Experience within a healthcare consulting firm or large company preferred.
- Travel: Up to 80% travel within the division.
- Other: Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.