Manager Emergency Srvcs
Under the general direction of the Emergency Services Director, the Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining efficient functioning of a designated nursing unit or units on a twenty-four-hour basis. The Operations Manager:
- Coordinates patient care services provided by designated nursing unit(s).
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by specified unit(s) including the implementation of programs to improve this quality.
- Ensures adherence standards in areas of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- Verification of competency in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP and SAMA.