Manager, Financial Planning & Budget
- Directs operations for the Budget and financial analysis staff. Oversees development of annual operating budget for all SMG departments and practices. Document assumptions and identifies areas of concern to be reviewed by leadership.
- Collaborate with Practice management to organize and compile the annual budget. Liaise with Corporate Finance to ensure Steward Healthcare budget deadlines are met.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and delegates work to financial analysts. Prepare timely and professional evaluations and take disciplinary action when necessary.
- Monitor and review clinical financial performance and ensure accurate monthly financial reporting, in conjunction with accounting staff.
- Develops policies and procedures for financial planning and ensure operations are efficient and effective.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance. Ensure integrity, accuracy and reasonableness of financial results. Compile reports and analyses for monthly and quarterly executive financial packages.
- Oversee distribution of monthly financial reports to administration and clinical leadership and present information at monthly/quarterly meetings.
- Oversee and review various financial analysis requests such as, compensation modeling, salary withhold calculations, profitability for new locations, or other pro-forma,.
- Recommend quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to improve department efficiencies.
- Use tact and sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with physicians, patients, families, co-workers, and all others.
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform all other duties related to this job including additional hours a needed to meet competing deadlines.
- BA required. MBA/CPA, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years Finance experience with 8 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent computer and analytic skills.
- Experience with managed care, physician practice management, revenue cycle management, accounting and budget management.
- Experience with Budget Advisor system preferred.
- General knowledge of healthcare finance.
- Strong system skills. Extensive experience with MS Excel including performing analyses using the Vlookup and Pivot table functions. Experience with Budget Advisor system preferred.
- Ability to effectively represent organization with internal and external customers at a senior level.
- Effective staff recruiting, retention and mentoring skills. Ability to build and foster a cohesive financial planning and analysis team.
- Analytical, focused, organized, excellent communication skills-written and verbal. Prioritization. Interpersonal skills. Delegation skills. Team oriented. Ability to see the big picture.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.