At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Manager for Inpatient Psychiatry Social Work is responsible for the social, emotional, and financial wellbeing of patients on the inpatient psychiatric unit along with the management and supervision of the social work staff between 3 units. The Manager will participate in interdisciplinary treatment team planning; is responsible for discharge planning for a select amount of patients, running treatment groups as assigned, and performing appropriate psychosocial assessments and interventions. The Manager will assist with referrals to the unit and make referrals to appropriate community agencies as indicated. The Manager will provide clinical supervision to students and LCSW employees. The Manager will provide managerial leadership and support for the social work team and within psychiatry leadership.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities necessary for 7 full time social workers and up to 3 per diem social workers on two units at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton, MA and one satellite SEMC unit located within Carney Hospital in Dorchester, MA. These responsibilities include hiring, performance evaluations, training, ensuring regulatory benchmarks are met, payroll, schedule and facilitate staff meetings and other responsibilities that fall within the scope of the Manager.
- Provide clinical supervision at one hour per week to all LCSW employees under their leadership; facilitate group supervision to all staff 1-2 times per month; continue and/or initiate MSW student training on the unit and supervision requirements that are necessitated by the school.
- Facilitate group therapy on a weekly basis for patients on the unit.
- Make referrals to community agencies as appropriate
- Identify potential legal/risk management issues and review with Program Director.
- Participate in continuing education programs that are relevant to job function and maintaining licensure
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with staff, nursing facilities, agencies, and outpatient providers.
- Provide education/consultation to other healthcare team members as needed
- Collects statistical data as requested by supervisory personnel
- Regularly attends/participates in team/departmental meetings and activities
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards
- Provide clinical oversight and supervision to all the counselors for inpatient and outpatient SECAP. (5 full time counselors, 1 part time counselor, and 3+ per diem counselors)
- Facilitate individual supervision to all counselors and group clinical supervision on a weekly and bi-weekly basis.
- Ensuring compliance with BSAS, DPH, and DMH regulations for inpatient and outpatient.
- Provide clinical oversight and supervision to all therapists in outpatient psychiatry (SMG, Partial Hospitalization Program, and outpatient Quinn) - 3 full time therapists.
- Ensuring clinical compliance in documentation and clinical measures are being met in all outpatient psychiatry
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of DSM diagnoses including dementia diagnoses
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; solid decision making capability; sense of humor and accountability to role and work
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Case management skills
- Access to transportation to ensure ability to travel between Dorchester, MA and Brighton, MA
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Experience: 5 years of clinical work with a minimum of 1 years in a management/supervisory role and Previous experience with psychiatric/substance abuse population is highly beneficial.
- Licensure: LICSW
- Software/Hardware: Meditech knowledge beneficial