To develop and implement policies, protocols, procedures related to Radiology PACS/RIS and Cardiology PACS/CIS. Supervise PACS/CIS implementation and continued maintenance. Provide educational materials and instruction for all PACS/CIS users. To facilitate optimal system performance and ensure the system is accurate and in compliance with the policies and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for the day to day supervision of PACS group
• Working with Director develops an organization to meet the current and future needs of covering the information technology system of the cardiovascular and radiology
departments for all Steward Facilities
• Responsible for coordinating upgrades to all CV and Radiology applications with local departments and information technology department
• Organizes meetings of the PACS group
• Working with Director implements new applications and systems for existing departments and new Steward facilities
• Coordinates training of regional PACS group
• Works with the Director to develop policies and procedures for the PACS group
• Approves biweekly time sheets for PACS group
• Completes on call schedule for PACS group
• Coordinates and approves vacations and other time off requests for PACS group
• Provides training for new clinical personnel directly and through assistance of the PACS group
• Completes formal annual evaluations and monthly informal reviews
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
• Self-motivated, independent and ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Strong adult teaching skills preferred.
I. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related healthcare discipline or information systems discipline preferred. Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology Program and/or equivalent imaging experience considered in lieu of degree.
II. Experience: Basic understanding of and experience with operating systems software (e.g. Windows) and web browser use required. Minimum of two years experience managing/implementating PACS system. Minimum of one year RIS systems experience. Experience with Meditech preferred. Two years of project management experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
III. Software Application: McKesson Radiology/Cardiology PACS preferred.