Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 9/7/2022
The Cash Operations Manager will be responsible for leading and supervising the Cash Operations Department for Steward Health Care with an emphasis in the accurate and timely posting of cash, performing daily cash reconciliations, and payment research and dispute resolution. The manager will be highly skilled in the use and knowledge of departmental workflows and systems.
- Provide analysis and data driven recommendations to Cash Ops and RCM leadership.
- Design and implement policies, procedures and systems to improve productivity, efficiency and customer service, as well as, enhance revenue acquisition.
- Monitor daily workload of the Cash Operations team to optimize load-balancing and staff acuity.
- Responsible for reconciliation of Unapplied Cash Facility Accounts to zero balance weekly/monthly. Identify trends by payer or cash posting personnel. Implement feedback mechanism to reduce posting cash to generic unapplied cash facility accounts and report to leadership.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms to track productivity and quality, identifying and providing additional training where needed.
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing model to accomplish the organization's goals and objectives in an effective manner; recruits, trains, coaches and evaluates staff members.
- Work to assure program compliance with all applicable federal and state rules, regulations and laws related to healthcare billing.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review productivity metrics, reaffirm weekly/monthly goals, provide coaching/training and ensure work is appropriately prioritized.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Provide regular feedback to the Cash Operations Director and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ensure the proper and timely processing of payment related inquiries from the Billing and Collections departments.
- Work closely with Accounting Department on cash reconciliation issues.
- Work closely with EDI Department to ensure timely and accurately receipt of incoming ERA files for posting.
- Participate in financial and operational audits as requested.
- Expected to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and deliverables.
- Expected to manage a 7 day week operation.
- Maintain professional competency according to department policies and protocols for posting cash.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Remote office/or similar environment conducive to meeting job responsibilities including managing a remote staff.
- Proficient with Meditech Expanse system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately and to organize and plan work.
- Highly detail oriented, well organized and possess the ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-growth, fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong payer, claim, 835 processing experience and bank/lockbox operations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Business or Health Administration preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 5 years’ experience in RCM with strong Cash Operations.
- Software/Hardware: Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & MS Word required. Meditech and FinThrive (XClaim) preferred.