Masters Social Worker
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Social Worker is accountable for meeting the medically related social and emotional needs of patients that impinge upon the medical condition, treatment, recovery, and transition between care environments. Major functions include psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, and psychosocial counseling. Must be available to work afternoons, nights and weekends.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or similar mental health related field
- 3 years behavioral health experience
- Reviews and facilitates admission of inpatient referrals, provides screening in the emergency department. Coordinates admissions with emergency department, referring facilities and inpatient unit, including obtaining necessary prior authorization from insurance
- Completes assessment of psychosocial, economic, developmental, and environmental needs of referred patients within one working day of admission.
- Collects and documents pertinent clinical and social information from collateral sources within two working days of admission.
- Creates a recovery-oriented discharge plan for admitted patients within two working days of admission; reviews current assessment findings and discharge plan every one to two working days, documenting in the record at least two times per week.
- Documents identified treatment needs, interventions, and progress in the individualized treatment plan as well as other necessary parts of the electronic record
- Educates patient/family regarding available community resources in a timely manner
- Implements the discharge plan in collaboration with the physician, case manager, and other providers
- Collaborates with case manager and physician in ensuring that patients remain at the appropriate level of care
- Provides psychosocial counseling in group, family, and individual settings
- Attends and actively participates in interdisciplinary treatment team and family meetings as needed
- Fosters a cohesive, collaborative, cross departmental relationship between all post-acute services (both internal and external) while maintaining effective communication with all involved
- Seeks out information and resources and uses creative problem-solving for complex discharge planning. Explores new resources when the opportunities for the patient are absent or in short supply.
- Ensures patients are moved through the system to optimize financial goals
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran