About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Material Handler – Environmental Services Department
Ensures the proper handling and disposal of soiled linen, regulated and hotel waste. Collects, weighs and records all appropriate materials as required for regulatory agency review. Maintains daily record of collected soiled linen. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Wears rubber gloves, protective eye gear, and all PPE.
- Utilizes proper carts for each job function: Soiled Linens, Regulated Waste, & Bio-Hazards.
- Collects, weighs and records collected soiled linen daily
- Stores recorded soiled linen in holding room for next day pick-up
- Collects and disposes waste into compactor
- Cleans and disinfects cart weekly or when visibly soiled
- Collects, weighs and records infectious waste
- Packages regulated waste
- Double red bags the assembled boxes
- Places recorded infectious waste into box
- Ties double red bag with tape and seals up box with tape
- Stamps address box and places neatly for BFI pick-up
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127979